1. What’s something fun you’re looking forward to on your May calendar?
Fun? hmmm… I guess just writing. I don’t have any social eventss scheduled for the month of May, unless friends decide to stop over for a visit.
2. What are some images that come to mind when you hear the word mother?
Unfortunately, very few good images come to mind. Abandonment, favoritism, an unstable mind – my mother was a great cook, so I usually associate food with her.
3. What’s something beautiful you own or have seen that’s made of glass?
I have a beautiful set of hand-blown glass goblets that I bought at a craft market in OK years ago.
4. Was today typical? If not what made it unusual?
As typical as it can be. I stayed up all night, slept late into the afternoon, and am now up doing some writing projects – that’s pretty typical of my day.
5. What is a quality you wish you could have more of?
6. What’s the next major purchase you need to make? Will it happen in the month of May?
I don’t really do major purchases anymore. My life is pretty simplistic. My money is spent on the few bills I owe, groceries, vitamins, and an occasional book.
7. What responsibility/job/work did you dislike while growing up but has proved helpful to you as an adult?
Gardening. While I never really minded helping in the garden, I did find it exhausting and tedious. Now I enjoy the simple pleasures of getting my fingers into the soil and weeding the garden. Gives me time to reflect on life.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have the theme to Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood stuck in my head for some reason. I haven’t heard it for years, so no idea where it came from.