Some days I feel like I am going out of my mind. No, maybe not quite that far. Perhaps the best way to describe it is that I feel like I’ve stepped into another reality or universe. I don’t even know when it began as I’ve felt odd since around 2012, but I remember the day it finally occurred to me – it was early December of last year (2017). I’d been watching random stuff on Youtube and I came across a video talking about the Mandela Effect or ME.
What is the Mandela Effect?
The Mandela Effect is a phenomenon in which a large group of people remember things differently than how they appear now. The term was coined after Nelson Mandela because a large group of people remember him dying while he was in prison in the 80s or 90s, even though he died in 2013. This group of people have vivid memories of his funeral and people mourning him. Some say late 80s and others say early 90s. This is not the only ME though. In fact, there are so many MEs now that the ME community has become divided between those who are strict ME-ers and those who see MEs in every little thing. The biggest division seems to be with word spellings and corporation logos. I’ll admit, I have many ME moments, but do not agree with every ME I come across.
Here are a few of my eye-opening MEs:
- Isaiah 11:6 – I will admit that I am not a Christian and have not read the Bible in many decades; however, I was a Christian as a child/teenager and I had a picture of the lion lying in a field with a lamb and remember this passage captioned under it – “And the lion shall lie down with the lamb…”. I also remember it being listed as “The lion shall dwell with the lamb…” Neither exist any longer. In no versions of the Bible. It now reads – “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.” WOLF? I honestly do not remember wolf. This freaked me out so badly that I went around asking as many Christians as I could if they remembered the lion and lamb verse and many were also startled to realise that it now says wolf.
- Berenstein Bears – I was an avid reader of these books as a child and remember vividly the name of the bears being BerenstEIn. Nope, now it is BerenstAIn Bears and apparently always has been.
- “Luke, I am your father.” – Now I will admit that I am not an overly fanatic Star Wars fan; however, I have seen every movie at least 2-3 times. I remember that line so well. Apparently though, it has always been “No (or Know), I am your father.”
- “ET phone home.” – When this movie first came out, I watched it three times in the theater and then bought the VHS of it. I’ve seen it at least 50 times in the years since. Well, now it says “ET home phone.”
- “Life is like a box of chocolates.” – I’ve seen Forest Gump a dozen or more times and I remember that line. Now it says, “Life WAS like a box of chocolates.”
- “You can dance if you want to…” – When Men Without Hats first came out with this song, I fell madly in love with it and would sing it constantly. I know it began with YOU, but apparently now it is “We can dance if we want to…” at the beginning and always has. Granted, I do remember the song changing to WE after that first line, but YOU was there!
- We Are the Champions – I loved Queen. Hell, I still love Queen. I sang this song all the time. I remember it ending…. “We are the champions…. of the world!” Well, now it just ends with “We are the champions.” You can still find live versions of Queen singing the song and ending it with “of the world,” but the album version no longer has it.
There are tonnes more of these MEs, like name changes – Lynda Carter instead of Linda Carter, Sally Field instead of Sally Fields, Julia Child instead of Julia Childs and on and on. Even movie and tv show changes like Sex and the City instead of Sex IN the City and Interview with the Vampire instead of Interview with A Vampire.
So what do people say about those of us who see these MEs when they do not? That we are just misremembering. I will admit that it is mostly older people, those of us born in the 50s, 60s and 70s who remember things differently, who are seeing these MEs and freaking out, but there are some younger people seeing and remembering things differently too.
What’s Causing MEs?
There are many theories for what may be causing these MEs. Some blame them on CERN or Quantum Computers. Others say that those of us who are seeing MEs have “awakened” and “ascended” to 5D. While others are seeing something malicious in these changes due to time travel and deliberate changes to corrupt history. Some Christians have really freaked out because they are discovering a lot of changes to the Bible and believe that it is Satan’s work to fool Christians and this means that the end of the world is nigh. CERN is a big part of that too because they (those Christians) believe that wormholes have been opened and have allowed demons to come through or those who’ve created these Quantum Computers have been pulling things in from other realities/dimensions.
As for me? I have no idea what is going on. I am freaked out, but it isn’t just because of MEs. I’ve been having other issues too. The biggest for me is that sometimes when I am listening to the tv or something on my computer, I cannot understand what people are saying. It’s as though they are speaking a foreign language that I have never heard and cannot understand. I also hear a lot of frequency changes in my head/ears. If you’ve ever taken a hearing test, then you remember those sounds played to test your range of hearing. That’s what I hear often. Either an increase in frequency or a decrease. And once I heard a gong sound that reverberated in my ears for over a minute.
So those are some of my ME moments and other oddities. If you are interested in MEs, do a Youtube search for Mandela Effect and you will find tonnes of videos on the subject. Not all are true MEs, but who knows, you may find yourself agreeing with some of them.
I would be interested to know if any of my readers remember those above things as I do, or if you remember them as they are now. Leave me a comment and let me know!