Saturday 9: What Hurts the Most (2006)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) What hurts Sam the most is her sole, since she just found that earring she thought was lost by stepping on it with her bare foot. How about you? Any aches and pains to report?
At the moment, both of my feet are in pain. Burning and nerve-twitching from neuropathy.
2) What’s the last thing you misplaced? Did you find it?
My blood pressure meter. Nope, it is still missing. I’ve searched everywhere for it. Finally had to borrow my brother’s meter.
3) Lead singer Gary LeVox sings that he’s not afraid to cry. When is the last time you shed a tear?
Tuesday night when I watched NCIS and had to say goodbye to the character Tony DiNozzo.
4) Gary auditioned for another country group, Little Big Town, but didn’t get in. Considering how successful Rascal Flatts has been, he’s probably not sorry. Tell us about something you thought you wanted, but later weren’t so sure.
This happens to me almost every time I want chocolate. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love chocolate and crave it often, but after I eat it, I know my blood sugar will go sky-high and I will regret it. I’m sure this doesn’t really answer the question, but it’s all I’ve got.
5) The country group has their roots in Columbus, Ohio. What else is Ohio known for?
Botched election tallies? I really don’t know much about Ohio.
6) Lead guitarist Joe Don Rooney married model and former Miss Georgia, Tiffany Fallon. Many major pageants give prizes in the talent, congeniality and swimsuit competitions. Would you prefer to have exceptional skills, a great personality, or a terrific body?
Exceptional skills. Looks and personality are so over-rated.
7) 2006, the year this song was popular, was a very good one for tennis pro Roger Federer. He reached the finals in all four Grand Slam tournaments, and won three. What’s the last game you won? (Yes, Words with Friends counts.)
Rummy, a couple of months ago. As a general rule due to traumatic events regarding games, I rarely play them. Cards now and again, but that’s it.
8) Actor Tony Shalhoub won an Emmy in 2006 for his portrayal of detective Adrian Monk on Monk. Who’s your favorite TV detective?
Sherlock Holmes as portrayed by Benedict Cumberbatch on the BBC show, Sherlock.
9) Random question … You’ve just won an all-expenses-paid trip but now you have to choose: Carnivale in Brazil, the Bordeaux Wine Festival in France, or the Running of the Bulls in Spain?
I don’t do carnivals and I think the running of the bulls is just madness, so I guess that leaves me with the Bordeaux Wine Festival in France. It’s a good thing I love wine.