When do you feel most connected with others? When I am communicating with them via written correspondence – be it an email, a messenger program or a hand-written letter. I can express myself better this way and my internal chatter doesn’t get in the way of my writing like it does if someone is speaking to me.
What daily habit would you like to introduce to your life? Walking each day. I do this sporadically, but would love to make it a daily habit.
What one mini-little-adventure would you like to have in the coming week? The Indigo Girls will be in concert nearby. I would love to have the money to see them, but it just isn’t going to happen this time.
List at least of things or events that changed your Life: It could be as simple as a book or meeting a certain person?
- Losing two babies during my first trimesters and being told I would never carry one to full term.
- Going back to college at age 25
- Meeting my Reiki Master in 1994
- Reading The House of Breath by William Goyen
- Reading Confessional Poets Anne Sexton, Sylvia Plath and John Berryman
- Seeing Neil Diamond and Prince in concert in 1995 & 1996, respectively
- Meeting and marrying my second husband, Matt in 2001 (not all of it was good, but definitely life changing)
- Moving to Tulsa OK in 2005
- Finding out that I had uterine cancer in 2012
- Leaving my husband and moving back home to VA in 2014
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week? Wow, I barely remember last week. Nothing major occurred that I can recall. I guess I am grateful that I recognized the need for a day off and took one on Friday.
and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up? hopefully getting the garden planted and having the creative flow to keep writing