Time for that all important review and loosening up exercises via Calen’s The Sandbox Writing Challenge
The Review Questions:
Is there any exercise that felt more charged than others? The Can You See Me? post was very difficult for me. I am not sure if it was ‘charged’ but it definitely pumped me up and then left me exhausted by the end. If you’d like, carry on with that post and share your additions with us. I wrote a poem for this one about all of the times I felt like the child in the photo. Abandoned, left out, trashed. It’s hard to admit that for the majority of my life I allowed myself to be treated in those manners. It began with my mother and continued on with relationships – boyfriends, girlfriends, a spouse. Thankfully I have some coping skills now that prevent me from falling into those traps again. Thank you, therapy!
Were there any exercises that felt incomplete to you? Nope, I think I covered all of these pretty well.
What insights about yourself (if any) came to light in these last 11 exercises? I realize that I still have a lot of forgiveness to do. I still harbor some bitter feelings and I don’t really want to live with those feelings anymore. Time to let go and move on.
Loosening Up Exercises
What feelings describe you?
What habits describe you?
1. I smoke too much
2. I drink too much Pepsi Max
3. things have to be in the same place all the time or I wig out
4. I must lie on my left side each night/day or I cannot sleep
5. I make lists, all the time about all kinds of things
6. I have to be entertained while I eat – watch a movie or tv show or read a book
7. I will read over and over again something I’ve written until I drive myself nearly bat-shit crazy over it
What beliefs describe you?
1. the world is inherently good
2. Angels, demons, ghosts, and aliens all exist
3. there is a Divine Consciousness in the Universe
4. forgiveness is something you do for yourself, not other people
5. we are all spiritual beings having a human experience
6. life is not all black or white, but amazing shades of grey
7. we do not own our planet, we are merely caretakers
What else describes you?