1. What’s the last thing you did that could be described as ‘taxing’?
Every Wednesday is taxing for me. I have a friend who has requested a special poem just for her every Wednesday and it is taxing to come up with something each week. Still, I manage to come up with something each week and have for the last 10 weeks. Surprises me each time.
2. If you cold plant a garden of anything, what would be in it?
I love vegetable gardens – tomatoes, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, green onions, green beans, various types of lettuce
3. April 10-16 is National Library Week…will you celebrate with a visit to your nearest library? When did you last make a trip to the library? What are you reading right now? What’s one title on your want-to-read list?
I just visited my local library this past weekend. Currently, I am reading AMBER WAKE: Gabriel Falling (The Razor’s Adventures Pirate Tales) by PS Bartlett and Ronovan Hester, but I haven’t had much time to devote to it the last week. On my want-to-read list, Echo Volumes 1 & 2 by Kent Wayne
4. Share a saying or an old wives tale you heard while growing up, you believed to be true or that you paid attention to ‘just in case’.
*laughs* we were told that when it thundered, God was bowling, lightning was lightbulbs blowing in Heaven, if the sun shone during rain, the Devil was beating his wife and if the sun shone during a snow storm, the wife was beating the Devil.
5. Are you a fan of onions? Garlic? Ginger? What’s a dish you love that contains one, two or all three items listed?
I love all three… my fave dish is Garlic Chicken.. it contains all three.
6. Where does nurturing end and indulging begin? What are some skills or qualities you think a person needs to posses in order to be viewed as mature?
For the first question… I have no idea. I was not nurtured as a child nor indulged and I have no children of my own to experiment on. As for the second question, controlled anger, patience, and a giving spirit are all signs of maturity to me.
7. What leading figure in any field would you like to hear speak, and why?
Thich Nhat Hahn, he is my Buddhist teacher, but I’ve never been to hear him speak, only studied with him through his writings and videos.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
If my head didn’t hurt so badly, I would be feeling randomly delicious.