for Wednesday Hodgepodge @ From This Side of the Pond
1. What are two or three expectations you have of yourself?
To remain mindful and stay in the here and now. To stick to my writing schedules. And to stay in touch with others. The last one is the hardest to fulfill because when I am writing, I forget that others exist.
2. In what way does your outdoor space need sprucing up this spring?
It could use some flowers, but we have a huge maple tree that prevents too much sunlight from getting around, so they would have to be plants that can thrive in the shade. I would also like to put some potted plants out there. Need to scrub the front porch and get it ready for outdoor seating.
3. According to this site (Roadtrippers), six of North America’s most wondrous waterfalls are-Webster’s Falls in Ontario, Upper Whitewater Falls in North Carolina, Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon, Multnomah Falls in Oregon, The Lower Yellowstone Falls, and Niagara. Have you seen any on the list? Which one on the list would you most like to visit? Prettiest waterfall not on the list that you’ve seen in person?
I’ve never seen any of those waterfalls, but I would love to see all of them. The prettiest I’ve seen is in Falling Springs, Virginia
4. Looking back, what’s something you wish you’d done as a teenager?
Been more adventurous. I was a quiet bookworm and rarely ventured out to do anything adventurous or sporty. I would have loved to mountain climb or maybe hang gliding, or perhaps learned to ski.
5. Ham…yes please or no thank you? If you said yes please which of the following do you like best-baked ham with all the trimmings, a ham and cheese sandwich, prosciutto with melon, a ham biscuit, a bowl of split pea and ham soup, or a slice of pizza topped with ham and pineapple?
the baked ham with all the trimmings… yum!
6. Are you typical of your generation? How so?
According to this site, I am of the Generation X group. I guess I am typical of some of the things listed there. I am an individual, distrust government and Big Business, self-reliant, believe we are all one, and I definitely feel misunderstood by other generations. But I was not typical of my peers. I was always different and will probably always be different. I also related better to older and younger generations than those in my own.
7. April rolls in at the end of the week, and in keeping with that theme…’act the fool’, nobody’s fool’, a fool’s errand’, ‘could have fooled me’…which foolish idiom most recently applies to you? Explain.
Could have fooled me… I say this constantly to one of my friends. She constantly says things that are contradictory to what I know about her or what she feels or means.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I should be working on my A2Z posts instead of doing all of these challenges.