Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) Crazy Sam’s mother is terrified of alligators. Just looking at a photo of one of those scaly reptiles gives her the creeps. Is there a member of the animal kingdom that scares you? I can honestly say that there is nothing in the animal, insect, reptile or arachnid kingdom that scares me.
2) Gators are carnivores, but they aren’t picky. If meat isn’t handy, they’ll munch on fruit. Are you particular about your diet? For example, do you try to eat gluten free, low sodium, etc.? I eat a low carb, healthy fats diet – no sugar, no starch, no processed foods
3) In Spain, this song was a hit under the title, “Hasta Luego, Cocodrilo.” Say something else in Spanish. Cabron! literally it means “little goat,” but it is also cursing in Spanish. I will let you look up the slang.
4) When this week’s artist, Bill Haley, was a little boy, he made a guitar out of cardboard and pretended to play that until his parents got him a real one. Tell us about something you wanted so badly when you were a kid. Books, lots and lots of them. I still do.
5) Early in his career, Bill did whatever it took to get the gig. When singing cowboys were popular, the Michigan native pretended to be a cowpoke and renamed himself, “Silver Yodeling Bill.” Have you ever fudged on your resume or fibbed in an interview? I lied once about how fast I could type and that I knew Excel. Neither would be a lie now as I am quite proficient in both.
6) When his career was going well, Bill was generous and loved to give extravagant parties at his home, which he called Melody Manor. Do you enjoy playing the host? Only for small gatherings. Anymore than 10 people and I become a wallflower.
7) Bill was blind in one eye, the result of a botched operation when he was a child. Since the blind eye wandered and didn’t focus, he always wore a curl over the opposite eye, hoping to draw everyone’s attention to the other side of his face. What is there about your appearance that leaves you self conscious? My teeth, so I rarely smile
8) On the other hand, what is it about your appearance that pleases you, and that you would never change? my legs.. although I am only 5’5″ my legs are long and shapely.
9) In 1956, when this song was a hit, Elvis Presley exploded onto the music scene and displaced Bill as rock’s top artist. The press and public assumed Bill was jealous of Elvis, but in reality he liked Elvis a great deal. Are you jealous by nature? Not really. I don’t covet other people’s stuff or lives. I am too much of a loner and an individual for that. I do get envious now and again, but I don’t allow it to cloud my judgement.