1) This song is all about memories. How far back can you remember? What’s your earliest memory? Memories are difficult for me. I had a childhood illness that screwed up my long-term memory. I do remember waking up on the operating table at around 6 years of age while having my tonsils removed. Unfortunately, my short-term memory is fading too.
2) The first line is “Good morning, yesterday.” What do you remember about yesterday morning? I remember getting up far too late. I generally try to get up between 6-8 am, but it was well after 10 am before I rolled out of bed. I made coffee and began writing.
3) This song was originally a 60-second jingle, featured in a commercial for Kodak film. Do you ever use film? Or are all your pictures digital? I used to use film, but in 2014, I bought my first digital camera. I rarely use it though.
4) Who took the most recent photo of you? I did, about 4 years ago. No, I do not like having my picture taken.
5) This week’s featured artist, Paul Anka, was born in Canada and enjoyed appearing in a made-for-TV Perry Mason movie with fellow Canadian, Raymond Burr. Do you enjoy courtroom dramas? I love them! I watched Perry Mason growing up and still enjoy Law & Order.
6) At 15, Anka won a supermarket contest by collecting the most Campbell soup can wrappers. The prize was a trip to New York. Do you enter contests and sweepstakes? Play the lottery? I rarely enter contests, unless they deal with writing. No to sweepstakes. And only occasionally play the lottery.
7) This year Paul Anka performed throughout Florida (Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Clearwater and Fort Myers). The Sunshine State is a popular vacation destination. Do you have a favorite spot in Florida? Afraid not. I’ve never visited the state. If I ever did go, I would probably go to Palm Beach.
8) In 1976, the year this song was on the charts, an earthquake hit China. Have you ever experienced an earthquake? Only once. It was a small quake when I lived in Oklahoma.
9) Random question: Do you know CPR? Yep, but I am rusty at it. Should probably get a refresher course.