This week’s challenge is “What have you left undone?”
I have several projects that have been left undone:
- a Book of Wisdom which is a collection of wisdom from various religions and philosophies, stuff health-related that I have collected over the years, favorite quotes, and other snippets of things. Some of this is already in a large 3-ring binder and other parts of it sit in a box where items are adding up so fast, I will need another box soon, not to mention a couple more binders.
- a binder filled with every poem I have written since 1992, or at least all of them I can find as some of my work got destroyed in a flood.
- a binder filled with every short story I have written since 1993, again as many of them as I can find due to that same flood.
- my collage projects… I haven’t created a single collage since I moved back home in 2014.
- crochet projects… haven’t worked on these since moving back home either.
- the 100 new poems that I’ve been wanting to write for publication since last September that I have never gotten around to completing.
I keep adding new writing challenges to my life each year and they take up so much of my time that I fear I may never get to complete any of the above projects. Eventually I am just going to have to make them a priority as I want to leave the Book of Wisdom, Poetry Binder and Short Story Binder to someone in my family or with a friend whenever I decide to kick the bucket.
7 thoughts on “The Sandbox Writing Challenge #24 — Undone?”
Pingback: The Sandbox Writing Challenge Review #2 & Part 3 Loosening Up Exercise | As the Fates Would Have It
It’s interesting to hear you talking about all your binders/journals and how you continue to keep working on them. I just put ALL of mine aside for a year to see if I’d still be driven in a year to start them again. I’ve found it liberating to say the least. 😀
Thanks Calen… mine have been sitting for just shy of 3 years now. I worry I will never get back to them. I think I will make a commitment to work on them next year. Glad you feel liberated from yours… I did the first year as well.
😮 Does that mean I’m going to get possessed by the again???
More than likely.. they will nag at you, tear at your heart, beg you to return… after about 16 months, their chatter just becomes unbearable
Shhhh…. I’m already feeling guilty that I didn’t get my Christmas letter out this year!!! Especially since I had a new granddaughter to feature!
Oh no! You can always do it for Easter!