As a writer, I like to keep myself busy… well, writing. This April, I have been participating in 3 challenges over at Promptly Written, my writing blog based on prompts by others. I cannot believe how quickly April has passed, with only a week left. So far I’ve written 23 new poems for Poetic Asides 2015 April PAD Challenge and a 30+K Science Fiction story for the A-to-Z-Challenge. It has been great fun and has kept me in a constant writing flow. I intend to continue that flow through the month of May. My projected projects are as follows:
- StoryADay in May Challenge with Julie Duffy — This will take place on my Promptly Written blog.
- Also on Promptly Written, I will begin a 100 day writing challenge based on this prompt that I discovered:Doesn’t that look like fun? My creative juices are really flowing and I cannot wait to dig into those prompts! Expect poetry, short fiction, confessional non-fiction, with art work, photography and perhaps even music videos!
- Writing “small stones” is the brain-child of Satya and Kaspa over at Writing Our Way Home — they usually host an annual month of small stones in November and in January, but it is such a wonderful concept, that I want to make it a daily practice all year long. I hope to begin that practice in May over at my regular writing blog, A Whispered Wind.
- I will continue to host writing prompts over at Burning the Root — I am on week THREE of prompt suggestions, so if you missed any of those and you want to catch-up, drop on by! I will also be stepping up my commitment to reblogging other bloggers’ tips and suggestions on writing. So be sure to check that out as well.
- And because I want to get this blog more active, I will begin showcasing a different blog a day here on As The Fates Would Have It. I follow over 600 blogs here on WordPress and probably another 50 or so from Blogger, as well as blogs that don’t belong to a hosting site. It is my desire to introduce more readers to some of these fantastic blogs that I so enjoy. Also, on the 15th of every month, I will host a Meet & Greet for bloggers to promote their own blogs. I got this idea from the fabulous OM over at Harsh Reality.
Phew! That looks like a lot of Projects, doesn’t it? In truth, it is a lot, but writing is my passion and I want to start getting as much out of my passion as possible. I spend far too much time procrastinating and if I have a plan of attack, I tend to get more done. I hope some of my readers here will join me in some of the challenges I have set for May. If you do, please stop by here and let me know by leaving a comment. Here’s to an exciting month of May!